Monday, November 10, 2008

Be Still ... and Be Beautiful

Sometimes to get in touch with our inner beauty we need to be still and get quiet. I have discovered an awesome way to do that.

I just finished a little routine that I often do in the morning or anytime of day really. The one thing I did differently today was that I set the routine to relaxing spa music. Wow! Did that ever enhance the experience. So much so that I just had to share it with my dear readers.

The activity that I'm referring to is a 5 minute morning yoga routine. The video is at the end of this post so you will get to see it and even give it a try. It's only 5 minutes!! I hope that you discover as I have that it truly impacts the whole person - body, mind, spirit.

1. Body: This activity will get your body moving in a very gentle way. It's energizing yet calming and it just plain feels good. Plus done on some regular basis you will see and feel physical changes.

2. Mind: Your mind will relax and let go of all the tensions of life. It will sooth the stress brain waves that cause us to do crazy things like overeat.  

3. Spirit: You will feel so nurtured that your spirit will sing. A little activity like this will speak mounds of love to your inner self.

In body, mind, and spirit your body will thank you. You will be surprised at how something so small can not only add a bounce to your step but actually be healing. Depending upon your day and where you are, it can even give you warm fuzzies. I've had that experience! =)

Try this simple 5 minute yoga routine with calming spa music in the background. (See my Amazon Picks for suggested music.) Let me know if you walk away feeling relaxed and beautiful from the inside like I do.  

What kind of things do you do to get still and quiet?

"Be still, and know that I am God." ~~Psalm 46:10




No comments: